- Comfortable, lightweight, mid-volume backpack ideal for 2-5 day backpacking trips
- Full-framed back system gives a very comfortable carry, yet weighs only 1.40 kg, putting it at typically half a kilogram less than most other backpacks in its category
- Main body features a unique water-resistant base compartment that is accessed from the outside by a discreet zip
- When not in use, the lightweight nylon dividing panel sits flat on the bottom of the main rucksack compartment
- Stretch mesh pockets on the hip fins can be accessed while wearing the pack
- All the seams on the main body and lid are either welded or taped, which means the Wildtrek rucksacks are highly water-resistant and ideal for use in wet weather
- Capacity: 55 litres
- Load: 12-15 kg (25 kg max)
- Back length: 45 cm
- Weight: 1.40 kg
For technical reasons the seams attaching the back panel cannot be sealed but are largely protected from the weather by the wearer’s own back.
When New Zealander Carol McDermott first began designing outdoor gear, his main concern was creating lightweight, high-performing kit that would give him an edge in the mountains - you know, the kind of gear without bells and whistles that serious climbers and trekkers crave. So when he founded Lightwave, McDermott didn’t change a thing - and that’s why we love it.