Long-lasting candle lantern to bring light and warmth to your outdoor adventures
There’s nothing like the soft glow and the warmth of candlelight. It makes any place feel cosy and inviting, whether you’re camped out in the wilderness or just spending an evening in the back garden. UCO’s iconic Original Candle Lantern is made from lightweight but durable anodised aluminium and powered by a single candle. Housed in a sturdy metal frame with a glass chimney, the candle is easy to light. As it burns, the spring-powered tube pushes the candle up for a reliable, constant flame. A viewing slot quickly shows your remaining burn time. And despite its diminutive size it will give out light as well as a welcome boost of warmth for up to 9 hours, making it the perfect little companion for life outdoors.
- Collapses down to 10.7 cm
- Lightweight, durable aluminum or brass construction
- Burns long-lasting UCO 9-hour candle
- Easy-slide glass chimney, spring-loaded candle tube, and viewing slot
- Carrying handle, hanging hook, and twist-lock base
- Provides ample light, warms surroundings, and helps remove condensation
- Dimensions–open: 17 cm x 5 cm
- Dimensions–closed: 11 cm x 5 cm
- Weight (w/ candle): 181 g
- Candle: UCO 9-hour or citronella candles, or 12-hour beeswax candles
Not all light is created equal. And we’re not talking about lumens or watts – we’re talking about the difference between the soft, warm glow of candlelight vs the harsh white glare of modern lighting. That’s why we love UCO’s candle lanterns, which they’ve been making for nearly half a century. The technology is simple, functional and timeless. Which means there’s no need to worry about batteries, bulbs, camping gas or paraffin. To some, the throwback design might seem kinda retro, but these lanterns have proven their utility time and time again. And after all, if it ain’t broke, why fix it? So, whether you’re a camper, a backpacker or just someone who appreciates the warm glow of a candle, maybe it’s time to see the light.