- Large central pocket with zipped openings on each side
- Pocket doubles as a stuff sack (with belt loop)
- Fixed hood with Lycra-bound edge
- Lycra cuffs and hem
- No fill in underarm baffles for minimal bulk and optimum temperature regulation
- Filled exclusively with ethically recovered 900 fill power premium Polish goose down
||900 cu.in. fill power (EU) Polish white goose down
||230 g (size M)
||77 g (size M)
||10 denier ripstop, 29 g/m², 1000 mm PU coating
||15 denier ripstop nylon, 30 g/m²
Down is a very resilient insulating material and, with basic care, any down jacket should last you a very long time. There are two simple rules to ensure longevity:
- Always store your jacket uncompressed in a dry, airy place
- Try to keep it as clean as possible to minimize washing (this ultimately damages the down)
We highly recommend you hand-wash your down garment or, alternatively, use a professional service.
Sustainability through longevity - Crux guarantees all products for ten years from the date of purchase to the original customer. This guarantee is against defects in materials and craftsmanship. Should any flaw appear due to defective materials or craftsmanship, Crux will repair or replace the product.
Ethically sourced materials - Crux only use Polish down which has been 100% ethically recovered.
Crux kit is designed for mountaineers, by mountaineers. Well, actually, by one mountaineer – since this specialist brand is entirely owned and operated by New Zealander Carol McDermott.
Carol is a trained chemicals and materials engineer with a background in the outdoor industry. He’s also a highly experienced alpinist and climber, with ascents in most of the world’s great ranges to his name. That’s a pretty good CV for designing the world’s most uncompromising outdoor kit, focused purely on performance in the most demanding conditions. Which is why Crux use only the best quality materials, like Polish white goose down and premium Japanese fabrics, with stringent quality control that puts the big brands to shame.