Note: Spring/Summer 2022: The delivery lead time for this style is 1-2 weeks.
- Vintage Italy 1929 rugby shirt
Heavyweight slub cotton gives the shirt a pre-worn feel
- Hard wearing yet soft and comfortable finish
- Classic ‘old school’ shirt combines vintage colour dyes with a distressed wash to produce a nicely worn-in look and feel
- Embroidered 1871 detailing on back of neck
- Delivered folded with tissue paper and swing tag in a Black & Blue 1871 cotton drawstring bag
- Heavyweight high quality 100% slub cotton
- 380 gsm
- Reinforced hems
- Two rubber button placket
- Machine washable
- Made in Portugal
Check out the full Black & Blue 1871 size guide.
Quick guide - Use the following guidelines along with a fabric tape measure
- Wear minimal or no clothing to get the most accurate measurement
- The shirts have a semi-fitted cut to give a more tailored look but have been designed to be worn with other layers
- If you prefer to wear a t-shirt underneath then we recommend you choose your normal size. If not, then consider a size below for a more custom fit
How to measure: Place the tape around the fullest part of your chest, including your shoulder blades, then drop your arms to your sides to measure.
- Local manufacturing - Made in Portugal
- No plastics in product or packaging
- Drawstring bag is useful as a laundry bag when travelling or as a ‘bag for bags’
- To create exquisite, hard-wearing apparel for everyday adventures, Black & Blue 1871 turned back the clock – specifically, to 1871 and the formation of rugby as we know it today. They are inspired by the rugby shirts of old – the ones that prevailed when the game was still a plucky, amateur affair; when shirts were built to last for longer than 80 minutes; when shirts were stylish, and not coated in adverts | READ MORE