- Single pole design for increased headroom
- Top third of bivy zips open, creating extra-large entry
- Shallow bathtub floor for protection and structural support
- Hooped version features window at head with two closure options, mesh layer for ventilation or zip coated layer closed for full waterproof protection
- Mesh version is incredibly light and allows excellent ventilation, bug protection and stargazing
- Three stakeout loops keep structure stationary
- Three 6” Dirt Dagger stakes included
||10 x 36 cm
- Upper: Ultralight nylon, three-layer waterproof, breathable fabric with a microporous membrane and tricot layer to enhance moisture management
- Floor: Nylon ripstop with 1200 mm polyurethane coating
- Mesh: Polyester mesh
Big Agnes is a small, independent US outdoor brand out of Steamboat Springs, Colorado – a small ski-town that we’ve never visited but which we like to imagine is full of mountain-loving, trail-hiking outdoorsy types. That would make sense, since the company makes some of the best ultralight backpacking gear around, including the award-winning Copper Spur, Tiger Wall and Fly Creek tents. It is kit that has clearly been designed by a gang of folks who love sleeping in the dirt just as much as we do here at WildBounds.
Oh, and if you’re still wondering where the heck that name Big Agnes comes from, we did try to find out. Depending on who you talk to, it’s either an affectionate tribute to a legendary truck drivin’ mountain mama, or a 12,000 foot peak in the Mount Zirkel Wilderness. We kinda like the first one better.
Big Agnes Three Wire Hooped Bivy instructions