- Easily configure the system to your needs with the included 2.0L flexible water bottle and adapters for maximum versatility and adaptability
- There’s no pumping. Just fill the dirty reservoir, hang it, and let gravity do the hard work
- Filters up to 1.5 litres per minute
- Every microfilter is individually tested to ensure it meets all EPA & NSF guidelines for the removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa
- Each microfilter has a lifetime of up to 1,500 litres of water
- The system can weigh as little as 6.3 oz. (180 g) and stows smaller than most 1L bottles (depending on configuration)
- The microfilter can be easily backflushed in 4 seconds to maintain filter performance
- Hundreds of tiny hollow fibres enable the microfilter to filter water faster than traditional filter designs
- Collecting water is easy: simply open the top, scoop water and close. Control delivery of filtered water with the hose shut-off clamp
- Made in Ireland
- Made in Ireland
- Size: 2.0 litre Bottle Kit
- Weight: 260 g
- Dimensions: 8 x 23 cm
- Effective against bacteria: Yes
- Effective against chemicals/toxins: No
- Effective against particulate: Yes
- Effective against protozoa: Yes
- Effective against viruses: No
- Filter media: Hollow Fiber
- Filter pore size (microns): 0.2
- Flow (L/min): 1.5 litres per min
- Cartridge life: 1500 litres
- Field cleanable: Yes
- Water Bottle Adapter: Yes
- Cartridge replacement indicator: No
Local Manufacturing - Made in Ireland. Platypus ensures quality construction and minimal impact to the environment by making Platy products in the same area they are sold.
Environmental Initiatives - Platypus not only supports organisations including IMBA, Evergreen MTB, and the PCTA, but they also get out and do trail work themselves.
When it comes to doing anything active in the great outdoors, from trail running to backpacking, thirst is one of the biggest enemies. Without adequate hydration to fuel your body, you can’t perform at your best. And not only that – if you’re thirsty, you’re dehydrated. In the worst-case scenarios, that can become a life-threatening problem.
That’s why US brand Platypus made it their mission to offer the finest, adventure-ready hydration and water filtration products on the planet. They’ve now been at it for over 20 years, fine-tuning their designs to develop highly effective, durable and taste-free bottles, bladders and filters. They even have their own certified, world-class water laboratory, which enables them to research, develop and test innovative technologies for a variety of end uses, from town to trail.
It seems that when water geeks, lab technicians, researchers, designers, directors and worker bees come together, with a shared love for outdoor adventure, the result is H2awesome.