- 5-panel camp cap with polyester high-pile sherpa fleece crown
- Buckram-lined cotton canvas front panel
- Low-profile crown
- KAVU logo label on the front
- Eyelets for breathability
- Patterned nylon webbing with tri-glide D-ring back adjustment
- Interior taping
- Moisture-absorbing sweatband
- 75% polyester high pile sherpa fleece
- 25% cotton canvas
- Head circumference: 22”-24.5”
- Fit Profile (crown profile): Low Profile, 6.5 "
Now here’s an origin story for you. Back in the early nineties, fishing boat skipper Barry Barr was fed up with wearing cheap trucker caps that got snatched off his head in storms, never to be seen again. He decided to make a super-durable cap that wouldn’t blow off whatever the weather, and he did it by stitching the webbing material from a Teva sandal all the way around the crown. Turned out his ‘Strapcap’ was a hit, and KAVU was born.
From humble beginnings flogging Strapcaps out of the boot of his car in Seattle, Barry’s since expanded to produce a whole array of durable outdoor kit with a laid-back, van-lifer vibe. The KAVU range takes in everything from sling bags to swim shorts, and while they’re serious about producing great gear that’s made to last, they’re also not afraid to have a laugh. Their prints are bold, playful, and in some cases so loud that they’ll take some considerable chutzpah to carry off – but that’s what makes them so much fun.