“The mountains are calling and I must go” - John Muir
Mountain Bound is as much a state of being as a state of mind; something that all adventurous people instinctively feel without needing to explain it. Mountains, whether the towering Alps or scree-coated Lake District, lure us into their dramatic valleys and weather-beaten cols, promising adventure, excitement and escapism. It’s an environment that challenges everyone who enters it and one to be treated with equal amounts of enthusiasm and respect.
It is with that spirit that we are launching Mountain Bound, a new competition to find the most epic short amateur film about mountains possible. Whether it’s hiking in the Cairngorms, kayaking in the Lakes or trail running in the Brecons, we’re looking for submissions of amateur films on outdoor adventure in the mountains. The exact specifications can be found below but there’s one criteria to be met above all else: they’ve got to be EPIC. Our partners - Tentsile, Burnt Custard and Jago - have teamed up to offer some incredible prizes for the winning entries, totalling over £1000. Clip on your GoPro and dust off that vintage camcorder - the mountains are calling.
- Create your film - maximum length 5 mins
- Submit your details in the form below
- Share your film via a link - please use dropbox, wetransfer, fromsmash or similar.
- Please ensure any music in the video you have the rights or permission to use
- Allow 2 working days for your film to be uploaded
- No Adult or offensive material - WildBounds has final say
- WildBounds will add a short intro to all films with sponsors logos
*WildBounds request the right to use, in part or in full any films submitted for promotional use.